This article enhance a little more idea of lab presented here Data ONTAP Simulator 7.3.6. The main difference is that now we try reflect (at least reach a concept) production environment, where we have Active Directory domain and data served to hosts through CIFS, NFS, iSCSI protocols.
– 2x 7-Mode 8.2.3
– Linux CentOS 7.0 (at least one)
– Windows Server 2008 R2
Prerequisites for NetApp Simulator Lab
NetApp 7-Mode Data ONTAP 8.2.3 Simulator
- Dual core 64-bit Intel® architecture laptop or desktop
- Simulate ONTAP 8.2.x or lower: 2 GB RAM for one instance, 3 GB for two instances.
- 40 GB free disk space per instance of simulator
- Hosts running a 32-bit OS require VT support for Intel® based systems or AMD-V (SVM) for AMD® based systems. The feature must also be enabled in the BIOS if not enabled by default.
- VT support for Intel® based systems